Terms & Conditions
General Term and Conditions
We use the term customer to include an individual or organisation that we provide either a service or a product or a combination of.
1. GENERAL OBLIGATIONS: Assured Pest Control (APC) shall carry out the Services or Works as specified. The Client Shall:
– provide access for Assured Pest Control representatives to carry out its Services at any reasonable time or as specified.
– provide all facilities at the premises that Assured Pest Control may reasonably require to carry out the Services.
– permit Assured Pest Control to make a charge at the normal hourly rate for any wasted journeys due to failure to observe an appointment, delays in carrying out the work or cancellations as a result of the Client’s failure to allow access, or provide proper instruction. A person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this Agreement.
2. LIABILITY & GUARANTEE: Nothing in this Agreement affects the statutory rights of a consumer. Subject thereto all representations, warrants, guarantees and conditions express or implied, statutory or otherwise are expressly excluded and APC does not accept liability for loss, damage or injury how so ever arising save as specified in this clause below: Personal injury or death which is a direct result of Assured Pest Control negligence in the course of carrying out the services and physical damage to
property which is a direct result of APC negligence in carrying out the Services up to a limit of £500 for any one occurrence or series of occurrences arising out of one event, and The Client shall not be entitled to make any claim against Assured Pest Control or its employees unless it gives APC written notice of the event giving rise to such claim, containing sufficient information for it to be identified and investigated by APC within 28 days of the date on which the Client becomes or ought reasonably to have become aware of the occurrence of such event. APC shall in no circumstances have any liability for any loss of profit, use or business interruption or other indirect, economic or consequential loss or damage. APC can under no circumstances guarantee or accept responsibility for the misuse or effectiveness of any product sold on this website. Under no circumstances can APC accept any responsibility or liability for any injury and damages caused as a result of the use or misuse, either intentional or accidental, of any product sold on our website. We guarantee all wasps nest extermination treatments for the remaining calendar year and guarantee our rodent pest control treatments for a period of 2 Months after treatment, due to a multitude of factors.
Please note: that despite the pest control treatments. the rodents could return, if we identify the potential source of the rats or mice nest outside of your property boundary or coming from your neighbours, within communal building fabric, linked floors or lofts, we will advise you to notify the relevant local authority as only they have the powers to take any necessary action. If we find evidence of the rat infestation emanating from private or public sewers, we may advise you to obtain a sewer inspection or works from a specialist drainage company, before we carry out treatments. Pest proofing, that is sealing any rodent access gaps or entry locations is not a part of our primary pest control service and may be charged at an additional cost. Following our pest controller’s attendance some rodent gaps that may not be not accessible without removing the loft insulation, kitchen fittings or fixtures and this works is beyond the scope of our rodent control service and we will advise you to use a specialist pest proofing company. Based on this renovation works may be required to be carried out for the property and this is something outside of the standard pest control service – please contact a builder and discuss with them the options.
3. FORCE MAJEURE: If APC is prevented or delayed in the performance of any of its obligations under the Agreement by circumstances beyond its control, then APC shall be excused the performance or the punctual performance of the Services as the case may be for so long as such cause of prevention or delay shall continue.
4. PAYMENTS: If any payment to be paid by the Client to APC under the Agreement is unpaid for a period of 30 days after it has become due APC may at any time thereafter give to the Client 7 days written notice to terminate this agreement and unless such overdue sum has been paid before the expiration of such notice APC shall, without need for the giving of any further notice, have the absolute right at any time thereafter to cease to provide Services where upon this Agreement shall then terminate absolutely and Assured Pest Control obligations hereunder shall cease but without prejudice to the liabilities of the Client to APC.
6. ASSIGNMENT: The Client may not assign this Agreement without the prior written consent of Assured Pest Control.
7. LEGISLATIONS: We work in accordance within the relevant sections and regulations in regards to pest control: Assessment of risk, Provision of control measures, Provision of information and Monitoring of exposure, Health and Safety legislation, Pesticides & Food and Environment legislation, Animal welfare legislation and Public health legislation.
8. NOTICES: Any notice to be given to the Client under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be sent by hand or by first class mail to the address appearing at the head of this Agreement (or such other address as shall be notified in writing for the purpose of this Clause). Any notice given by mail, shall be deemed to have been given on the second day (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and statutory holidays) after despatch.
9. SEVERANCE: If any term or provision in this agreement is or shall become in whole or in part illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of the Agreement shall not be affected or impaired thereby.
10. SET OFF: The Client shall not be entitled to withhold payment of monies due under this Agreement by reason of any claim or counterclaim it may have or alleges to have against Assured Pest Control or otherwise which is not related to the Service.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Client and Assured Pest Control. The Client shall not be entitled to rely on or to seek to rely on any statement warranty or representation made by or on behalf of Assured Pest Control to the extent that such representation is inconsistent with these Conditions nor any advice or recommendation given by or on behalf of Assured Pest Control as to the supply of the Services or Products unless confirmed in writing by APC.These Terms and Conditions (and such other terms and conditions as Assured Pest Control may stipulate or agree in writing) shall prevail over any inconsistent terms which may appear on the Clients enquiry order or other documents received by Assured Pest Control from the Client or which may be implied by law or trade custom or practice or a course of dealing between parties, all of which are hereby expressly excluded. All orders are accepted and executed on the understanding that the Client is bound by these Conditions. Policy on Environmental Protection The company is aware of our general duty of care regarding the environment and in particular the legal requirements on disposal of waste materials. The company is aware of our general duty of care regarding the environment and in particular the legal requirements on disposal of waste materials. All waste packaging, pesticide and ULV tubes will be disposed off in compliance with all relevant legislation through approved contractors. The following management policy has been adopted and covers not just public health pesticide but also amenity, horticultural and agricultural pesticide used by the company. The company is committed to protecting the built and natural environment.